- It was inspired by Sergio Leone's film Once Upon a Time in America
- It was written by a full-time drunk in a reverie of sentiment
- The duet included a talented red-headed singer who couldn't perform in front of an audience
- It was recorded by an award-winnning U2 producer who didn't know how to track a pennywhistle
- It featured an NYFD pipe and drum band pretending to perform Galway Bay (as the non-existent NYPD choir)
- And it wouldn't exist without Matt Dillon
It is the UK's most-played Holiday song of this century - Fairytale of New York.
Katzenjammer, Ben Caplan and The Trondheim Soloists perform the Pogues / Kirsty MacColl classic Fairytale Of New York...
Here's a throwback - The Making of the Pogues Fairytale of New York
Episode 1 of 6
Episode 2 of 6
Episode 3 of 6
Episode 4 of 6
Episode 5 of 6
Episode 6 of 6
2014 can pogue mahone. Here's to you 2015!